Every year, Canada receives over 130,000 international students who choose to study at Canadian universities and institutes. Canada is not only a popular country but also an immigrant-friendly country.
Their high-quality educational system that is based on cross-disciplinary studies, combined with great facilities and teaching transferable skills makes it even more appealing. For these reasons, many students are looking for Canadian student visas to pursue overseas study in Canadian institutes and universities.
But how difficult is it to get the Canadian study permit also known as a Canadian student visa? In this article, we will give you all the necessary knowledge required during the application process of Canadian student visa, so that you get a successful outcome on your first attempt.
How to Apply for Canada Student Visa
If you are an international student who is thinking of studying in Canada, there are a few things to keep in mind before processing the application for a study permit. If your country is not on Canada’s list of visa-exempt countries, then there will likely be some extra paperwork that needs to be filled out. Read on for more information about how to apply for a Canada student visa and what documents are needed.
1. Apply at a Canadian University and get your Acceptance Letter
Before beginning the student visa application process, it is advisable to obtain an acceptance letter from any Canadian university you intend to study. The acceptance letter will play a vital role and will be required for the visa application.
We recommend the following Canadian universities:
- Thompson Rivers University
- University of Manitoba
- University of Toronto
- University of Winnipeg
- York University
2. Start your Application for the Canadian Student Visa
After obtaining your acceptance letter from any of the above universities, the next step is to apply for a Canadian study permit, which is best known as a Canadian student visa. The following procedures will walk you through the application processes.
- You can apply online for your Canadian student visa on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website before arriving in Canada.
- If you cannot submit the documents online, send the visa application documents by post.
- Provide the acceptance letter you obtained from any of the above higher learning institutions.
- Deliver proof of sufficient financial resources (tuition fees and living expenses) to support your studies in Canada.
- Submit complete medical examinations that state you are in good health.
3. Prepare all the Required Documents for the Student Visa in Canada
- Filled-in student permit application form
- The original letter of acceptance from any of our recommended university
- Two recent passport-size photographs, with specifications of name and date of birth on the back
- A valid passport/travel document, which also allows you to return to your home country
The most efficient approach to obtaining a student visa is to apply online through the IRCC (Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada) website. You can download the Canada student visa application form online and submit it to the nearest visa office in your country if you don’t know how to fill out the application form online.